Plastic Surgery is a surgical specialty concerned with the correction or restoration of form and function, and can deal with problems such as burns, surgery on hands and limbs and aesthetic surgery.
Plastic Surgeons in Grey's AnatomyEdit
- Mark Sloan (Head of Plastic Surgery)
- Lexie Grey (Former Resident Plastic Surgeon)
- Jackson Avery (Resident Plastic Surgeon)
- Abdominoplasty (or a "Tummy Tuck"): Reshaping of the abdomen.
- Reconstructive Surgery: Correcting problems which were congenital or acquired through trauma, commonly breast reconstruction (after a breast has been removed due to cancer) and facial reconstruction (after trauma).
- Rhinoplasty (or "Nose Job"): Reshaping of the nose.
- Ectopia Cordis Closure: Addison Montgomery returns to Seattle Grace to deal with a pregnant woman who's child is diagnosed with ectopia cordis, his heart has grown outside his body. Addison delivers the child, Erica Hahn works to place the heart inside the chest and Mark Sloan closes using a skin flap grown from the childs own skin.